I've been a youth leader in some way shape or form for years now in many different youth groups.
While it is one of the most rewarding things you can ever do, I think we can all relate to the ridiculousness that I am about to share.
“Eww! It smells like a Youth Camp in this van!”
youth leader: “WHO’S EXCITED TO BE HERE!!!!”
youth group: “DFJVBOIEQHVOIANV;ANF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
youth leader: “I CAN’T HEAR YOU!! WHO’S EXCITED TO BE HERE!???”
youth group: “……………..”
..... muwahaha, He had no idea y'all were racing......
Somewhere between, always being the one to start the jumping in the "praise pits", participating in every youth drama team production/ human video, always trying to pump your youth group up, and all the crazy/ridiculous youth group games you have dreamed up, set up and played...your pride was lost forever.
I mean who have even has time for shame anymore, right?
21. You refer to Sunday morning services as “Big Church”.
22. If you are a single Christian guy- your idea of the perfect woman is Kari Jobe
23. You look forward to youth camps and youth conventions- hoping you will meet your future husband/wife there...
Nope. Just creepers....
(Mostly because you stopped caring/paying attention years ago)
"Mannnnn I wish I use to do crack, than I would have an awesome testimony!"
30. You've learned how to curse like a Christian: "Holy cheese man!", "What the freak?", "Oh snot rocket!!"
31. When someone doesn't believe the same doctrine or whatever as you do, you deem them legalistic or a pharisee...
32. You get all the rest of your single girl youth leaders together and go to the college age small group scouting for your future husband.
33. You find yourself at church almost every single day of the week, but your Pastor still doesn't think you go to church enough.
I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.
Hope you found these harmless and funny.
Just know that the only way I know all these was because I probably was the most ridiculous youth student ever,
and I am now the most ridiculous youth leader.
And sometimes it's just funny to make fun of ourselves ;)
Hope it brought you a few laughs and smiles!
Until next time!